Thursday, August 23, 2012

Twas' the Night Before...

Chemo and all through the house,
Not a Boyle was sleeping -
I ironed my blouse!

Our thoughts were on Friday,
For the unknown is here
We answered calls and emails
From many so dear. 

As I eat yummy chocolates,
Wear new earrings, look at hats
I realize how blessed
My life and future is at.

I would be totally amiss if I did not share my thoughts of the gratitude I feel towards a loving Heavenly Father and to my wonderful husband, family and friends that "have my back" (as Randy says) over the last 6 weeks.  Friends that I haven't seen or talked to in years as well as current friends from work and my neighborhood have called, emailed and/or dropped by with supportive and loving thoughts and words.  My children, siblings and cousins have either called or sent a text daily to see how I'm doing and to offer their love and support. I could never say enough for what Scott has done for me. One never realizes how much a thoughtful word or hug can sustain someone through rough days and "meltdowns" until they become that person.

Dear family and friends - thank you so much for your love, support and prayers.  I am stronger because of you.  I don't know what reaction I will have with each chemo treatment but I do know that I will have strength, hope, faith and endurance because of your love, support and faith and because of the blessings of the Atonement and a kind and gracious Heavenly Father.   

My daughter-in-law Annie once stated in a dinner prayer that "we love each other very much".  I feel that way about all of you.  Thank you for taking the time from your busy lives to include me.  I will forever be a better person because of all of you - my family and friends.

Love to you all~
Jeri


2 comments:

  1. Jeri,
    This blog brought tears to my eyes. So insightful and touching. Your faith and positive outlook is truly inspiring. I continue to pray for your strength, courage, and health as you face this difficult time. I am reminded of I Corinthians 13:12. So much that we don't understand now, but our hope is that one day we will.
    Love in Christ,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did chemo go? I am praying it went well.

    Big hugs,
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete