Saturday, August 4, 2012

No Matter What and Forever.... Family (extended)

I'm taking a break from cancer today.... well, not true.  I doubt I will ever take a break from thinking about cancer again... at least for a year or two.  But today was a really nice day!  I wanted to write about a good day so when things get tough in a few weeks I can reflect back on today.

Last July we lost the last member of my dad's immediate family - my aunt Ruth.  The previous November my mom passed away who was the last member of her immediate family.  One of THREE girl cousins on my dad's side - decide to have a cousin family reunion while we were all still hanging around.  We have already lost 2 cousins and time is ticking on the rest of us.

I've written a lot about my amazing children and their spouses and my grandchildren.  Today while I was at the "first ever Reid Cousin Reunion" I realized how wonderful and important it is to keep contact with extended family as well.  The support and love I was shown today (and earlier through emails and calls) is humbling. There really is strength in numbers.

I am grateful to be a part of this bunch of Reid's and for their love,
 support and prayers on my behalf. 

  Carolyn (husband Paul)
Gene (his wife Betty was ill and could not come)

 Margaret (we have been very close)
My cousin Jack's daughter Sherry
Sheryl

 Donald and his wife Nan

Reid and his wife Barbara

Don and his wife Margaret

Ray and his wife Georgia

 Paul (married to Carolyn)
ok.. cool story here.. Paul is my mom's nephew
Carolyn is my dad's niece.  My mom and dad
hooked them up and the rest is history~

Awesome husband Scott
Margaret's husband Sterling

Me and my brother Alan
He has been my best friend since I was 11 months old
yes.. truly

Me and Sheryl
sisters who loved Barbies and Liddle Kiddles... oh yeh!

Sheryl and her husband Steve

Alan and his wife Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment