Monday, July 23, 2012

There's No Place Like Home!

I made it throught the roughest part so far.  I was at the hospital at 11:00 am on Friday - the 20th - to get "shot up" with radioactive dye so my lymph nodes could be discovered.  Scott's brother, Bruce, drove up from St. George the night before and along with Jenni  and Dyson went with Scott and I to the hospital.  After a little bit of walking around we were directed back to the radioactive peeps.  Vickie introduced herself and called me "little Jeri".  (I hadn't hear that in a while)  I was met at the door by Ralph Cornell, whom I still call family. As he hugged me I burst into tears.  (I had been trying so hard to maintain my control.)

After the 'shoot up' we went to Same Day surgery and enjoyed the relaxation of that room.  Because lymph nodes were coming out of both arms, I was not able to have the IV in my arm.........  the FOOT. 

Around 2 pm they wheeled me back to surgery. Last thing I remember was telling the nurses why I wanted TEAL toenails.


Surgery was about 5 hours.. and I am sore!  Not like my splenectomy as my legs are great.. but sore from the chest up.  The surgeon also install my port to be used for chemo in a few weeks. 

I received so many beautiful flowers and cards from such wonderful family and friends! They meant so much to me!!


The nurses and aids at American Fork Hospital were so kind! I couldn't have done it without my family visiting, calling and checking on me several times a day.  Or my friends and neighbors (who have already started bringing in meals) or my long distance relatives who called or, in Bruce's case, drove to Lehi to be with us. 

ONE down.... more to go... but this was a BIG one! Here I am just getting home.... there's no place like home!!

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome! No one would ever guess what you've been through. You're a marvel. :)

    Lyn

    Peace <3 Love <3 Cure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and your updates. It was so fun to see you and talk tonight. I thought you looked amazing and on your way to recovery. Way to go!
    Laura O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful, much better than me! It is great you were able to get your port at the same time instead a separate surgery for it. You will love your port; it is so much easier than anything else. btw, if they ask if you want the freeze spray (even if you apply the numbing cream) say YES! Also, would you send me an email at tbrfound@hotmail.com with your address? I would like to send you something.
    Big Hugs!
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete