Saturday, July 28, 2012

Of All the ROTTEN Luck!

December 2, 2011... I get a text from my son-in-law saying that Neil Diamond tickets are available to purchase for his July 28th concert in Salt Lake City. 

I LOVE Neil Diamond!  I have since I was 10 years old and heard Solitary Man.  Neil D has come to Utah before but I was never able to afford tickets... never saw him.  FINALLY the chance to see him in concert was here. I saw the Rolling Stones a few years ago, Elton John and Billy Joel as well as REO and Stykes. BUT Neil has always been at the top of my list to see live, in concert. I have just been waiting.....

My kids grew up listening to and singing Neil Diamond songs at home and on road trips.  We wore out the VHS tape of "Jazz Singer" (ok Neil is not a good actor but his singing was marvelous!)  Rick and I sang together "Forever in Blue Jeans" loud and strong when it was only the two of us.

I guess you can tell where this blog is going.

CANCER, again!  BAH - HUMBUG!  I'm just not feeling up to sitting for hours in a stadium - being bumped by people that don't know why my shirt fits funny and why I'm wearing protective hockey gear.  I just don't feel that my drains and I would have a bonding experience at Rio Tinto.  It sounds more painful.  And I'm tired ... and sore ... and now I'm a tad grumpy.  

But Neil - you are still one of my all time favorites.  I love most (sorry a couple I just didn't like) of your songs. 

I AM I SAID
To No One There
and No One heard at all
not even the chair

Some songs continue to have new meaning at different stages in your life. 

I will miss you tonight, Neil!! 

    Neil Diamond-photo
   

2 comments:

  1. Humbug is right! I have been thinking and praying lots for you. Still angry your great body had to be cut up and you have to go through this. Hope Neil comes back next summer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alisa! He IS 71 though... he might be tired by then!!

    ReplyDelete