Monday, January 21, 2013

Surgery! It WASN'T a boob job -

*Not really*

A breast augmentation is a surgery that is performed to enhance what already exists.

Mine was re-constructive
A surgery that is done to reconstruct something that no longer exists - gone - kaput~

I am "wrapped"  in TWO corsets.
One for my chest (more supportive)
The other (this one is T I G H T) from below my chest to my hips.
I must wear these for at least 2 weeks

.
I had some slightly stretched out skin (expanders gone!!)
I had no tissue and very little (if any) muscle
All of that had to be added

I've heard a variety of comments - 
People offering their fat/tissue
for my "lipo".
(Though it really wasn't lipo to make me thin)
Many people stating how "lucky" I am
Because I "get" a boob job and lipo
Probably not the word I would use...

This is quite personal and I feel slightly brave to share
As people seem to look at my chest during the discussion....
So this is all I'm going to say about it.

I have Breast Cancer
I had a Double Mastectomy to save my life
I want to look and feel like myself again

I had surgery
Yes, my boobs are fake
My real ones tried to kill me.

I think surgery was a good choice

6:15 am - leaving for the hospital

Kiss for luck!  xoxoxo

My surgery corset.  I must wear this for 2 weeks.  VERY uncomfortable


Something to cheer me up. Thanks Lisa!

Oh yeh... chemo the day before.  PIECE of cake!

1 comment:

  1. Brave brave girl - ;)hope you 2 weeks goes fast, and that each day you feel just a little bit better. (Virtual big Hug, because even if I was there in person, it would have to be a 'virtual hug')

    ReplyDelete