Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's My BIRTHDAY....... almost

And a BIG 
W A H O O O O ! ! !

I've had a lot of BIRTHDAY celebrations... this one might be the best

Six months ago (seems like forever) I didn't know what I would be doing on my birthday or
 if I would even be HERE.
 I really haven't spent too much time contemplating my demise
 but it does enter into your little mind from time to time once you hear the "C" word.

It seems that we as humans too often walk around with blinders on... we don't really SEE life.  We are always in a hurry and worried or upset about things that don't really matter.  One of the greatest blessings of these last 6 months is looking at life with a new perspective.  Trying (always trying) not to let unimportant issues cloud my day and upset me.  Enjoying simple, precious moments....  the laughing of Dyson, Colby, Hank and Max - and trying to take their picture, Lennon's "crusty" look, Sam's crazy hair and Owen's dancing.  The corny jokes from my husband, his great smile (yes he does smile) and his infectious laugh.  This year I don't even care if Scott turns on the outside Christmas lights now that the holiday season is past. It doesn't matter.

It's amazing to take time for the little pleasures in life...  snow and winter (even though my head is cold), birds, all the leaves that had to be raked, root beer freezes, Texas Roadhouse rolls, a perfect steak and a good barbeque grill.   The ability to fly half way across the country in 3 1/2 hours, 35 mpg's in my car and a  warmer in my car seat.  

If cancer decides to stay with me, or comes back, I will be ok.  My life is good... in fact, it's great! I've wondered over the years what will I leave this world when I die.  E A S Y!  My legacy is my children.  I have wonderful children.  I am so proud of them all.  They have grown into amazing adults, spouses and  parents.  I'm proud of their spouses and children, too.  They are all incredible.

But hey, I'm not going anywhere!  I'm looking forward to this next year.  I'm anxious to see what color my hair will be and if it will be curly or straight.  I'm excited to regain my energy, eyelashes and eyebrows!! 

I'm different this birthday. I'm not the same person I was last year. 
 I can't go back and be who I was at my last birthday - before cancer - I don't want to. 
 I like where I am at!


Just for fun - Here are some pictures from BIRTHDAYS gone by...

1st birthday with my mom


6th birthday with Thumbelina

12th birthday



Birthday 2009



Birthday 2012 - blowing out the candles with Sam's help

2012 - I always love a birthday party!!




No comments:

Post a Comment