Thursday, October 4, 2012

When Will the Fuzz be Gone and WHY Am I Gaining ...

WEIGHT??!!  Seriously....  When I think of chemo - I think of nausea beyond compare and skinny, ill-looking people.  HA - times have changed.  Nowdays we chemo patrons are ROBUST - how is this fair??  Oh ... wait... cancer... chemo.. FAIR.  Those words don't fit together.

I just have to whine about this because it seriously ticks me off.  I've been "chubby" (we're not going to talk BMI) for several years.  (Amazing how I blossom when happy!)  The first of this year I decided to change that - I wanted to be healthier.  So I worked hard and by the time I went in for my surgery - I had lost 40 pounds.

I know.. I shouldn't worry - I should like myself the way I am.. blah blah blah.  I've heard it a dozen times, mostly from Jenni.  BUT really - I LIKE the way I looked and felt in July.  So what do I do??


These are two pictures of me from last year

 December 2011

 May 2011

This is me right before I went into surgery
NOTICE the thinner face and body (and hair!)


 Can't SOMETHING physically good about me STAY?  <sigh>

THEN I have the issue of WANTING the remainder of the "hair" left from my buzz job to be GONE.  It is taking FOREVER and my little head hurts!   IS there no end to my beauty pains?

My friend Colette made this "Hope" for me

Do I totally rock the bald look or what?

My hope is to be totally bald by HalloweenI LOVE Halloween and think I can come up with an awesome look if I have the total bald-thing going on.  Jenni thinks the fuzz is "growing".  I just think some of it is coming out so what's left looks longer. 

 I think I'm looking like Uncle Fester's sister......
or a screechy bald eagle

Or... (this really is not a flattering picture!)

And while I'm whining today ...  I am more nervous then normal for chemo tomorrow.  Treatment #3 of Round 1...  it has it's very own nicknames in the chemo community.  It's a  "BEAR", it's "HELL" and my personal favorite "PRAY".  Yeh I'm excited... NOT!  Rumor has it, I will have a visit from what is called the "RED DEVIL" ..

the devil made me do it!





Oh WAIT.. not THAT red devil!!



A very nasty chemo nicknamed "red devil".

Did I mention that I LOVE Halloween?!!














No comments:

Post a Comment