Monday, October 22, 2012

No Cancer Tonight...

Thursday, October 18th, I had my grandkids over for the second annual 'grandma Jeri's Halloween party'.  I hadn't been feeling very good that week BUT I really want to do/be normal as much as possible.  Chemo #4 is scheduled for the 25th so my time was limited when to have my party.
IT WAS AWESOME!

Randy and Jenni and Lynn brought their kids over.  After the party Jenni mentioned that as she was driving home - the thought hit her that she hadn't thought of cancer once that evening. Me NEITHER! It's difficult to "forget" about cancer when looking at me brings forth reality.  So it is so incredible when, during these days of highs and lows, there are a few moments of normalcy.  It's hopeful! 

Here are some pictures from our evening of fun!

Newlyweds and Black Widow
as the welcoming committee

 Black Widow, Ninja and Zombie

Black Widow holding the Butterfly (Lennon)
Ninja (Max) Zombie (Hank) holding Mini Monster (Sam) 
Big Zombie (Colby)
and the mean looking Mugger (Dyson)

I'm not sure Lennon liked THIS wig...

Black Widow leading her guests to the  dungeon

One of 10 games
Halloween version of Twister

 Fortune Telling
(they will all make good money so they 
can take care of their grandma)

Ninja (Max) won most of the games
(picking out the prize for everyone)

GREAT face paint!!

Actually a little "scared" of this mugger  L0L

 Monster face greeted the guests to the dungeon


It was such a fun evening.  It was so good to be NORMAL for a couple of hours.

H A P P Y   H A L L O W E E N ! ! !

1 comment:

  1. What a blast and I love your Black widow costume - (you're so cleaver) you look great...aren't kids a joy - they really got into their characters as well. Fun times - good for you!

    ReplyDelete