Monday, September 10, 2012

Hair Today Gone... Today!

Yeppers..... it's gone. Well,for the most part it's all gone.  I have the peach fuzzy prickly hair - my head was too tender to do the razor.  Maybe in a week or two or three or ....

This is Scott and I last Friday.  My hair had started to come out in my comb.  I wanted one last good picture of us looking normal.



Tonight (Monday - September 10) I invited Randy, Annie and their kids and Jenni, Lynn and their kids to come over to a hair shaving party.  I called Rusty and Rick on Facetime - so we were all together.

Me - Right before the BIG event~

 
This is me getting ready to TAKE IT OFF!


My crew of supporters - Jenni is taking the picture and Lynn hadn't arrived yet. Rusty, Collette and Owen are viewing from the purple iPad and Rick is on Facetime on the green phone.  Technology!

 The FIRST buzz


Hank and I with our Mohawks!


Hank was the only one I could get to help Scott with the buzzing.  He did great!! (I look pained but I was faking it!) 


 My boys said I looked like them now!


The  finished look for now...  Thank you Scott!  I know it was difficult but we continue to get through these changes together~


 Lennon and Lynn are rubbing my head for good luck.  Everyone joined in as well.


 Saying goodbye to Rick


Now the day is over...  my hair is gone. I've decided to look at my hair loss this way - the CHEMO is working! My chemo "cocktail" is suppose to kill the "fast producing cells" in my body.  Hair is a fast producing cell.

So a CHEER for no Hair!  WAHOO......  I am going to win this fight against cancer!







14 comments:

  1. Jeri..... Bruce and I love you. We wish we were there to celebrate life with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri, you are beautiful inside AND out! I love your outlook and I am so glad you have such an amazing support system! And yes, hair loss is a good sign that the chemo is doing what it is supposed to do! GO JERI!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to take control Jeri! You are awesome! You look great in that hat too btw! Yay for chemo working!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeri, I am watching with complete and utter amazement how well you handled that. I wouldn't have expected anything less, but you were so brave and you look amazing, girl....love you and admire your determination to kick this cancer in the ass! You know I've got your back honey .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri you are an amazing strong woman. You look wonderful. Your family is awesome. Love you girl. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stunned after reading this-- you are so strong and utterly amazing! Proud to know you. Thank you for sharing!
    You look beautiful, truly. You look so so good with short hair! Can't wait for the day you are rid of the chemo and it all starts to come back...you'll be able to rock some really cute short do's!

    Congrats to you! Another hurdle down! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeri you really look great! I need to come by sometime and visit!! I love your positive attitude!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are lovely Jeri, through and through. You rock the bald! :)

    ~ Lyn

    Peace <3 Love <3 Cure

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Sarah, you can totally rock a short do'. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutly beautiful!! What a great example you are to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear dear Jeri, You are one amazing girl!! LOVE your determination and your -'get it done' attitude. Never thought of hair loss as a positive thing until you explained it was an outward sign - that the chemo is working. I love that you made it a 'family affair' - - hey think about all the really cute hats that are out there, love yours, love you,
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOOD JOB!!

    Don't use the razor (as in shaving your head super bald)! You will be sorry, I was. What you did is enough. I will explain later.

    big hugs,
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing this journey! Pam and Alan

    ReplyDelete