Saturday, December 29, 2012

KIDS, Christmas and Chemo - what a week!

E  M  O  T  I  O  N  A  L
again....
 this about covers me for the past week. 

Rick came from Portland via car with a co-worker on Friday, the 21st.  Jenni and I drove to Rupert, Idaho to pick him up and bring him the rest of the way here.  Then on Sunday morning Rusty, Collette and Owen flew in from Madison by way of Chicago.  ALL my kids were here!!  This was the first time since 2005 that we have all been together for Christmas. 

Several times over the course of this past week, I would get a little emotional (ok - choked up) when looking at my amazing children, their wonderful spouses and my precious grandchildren.  I feel so fortunate, lucky and especially blessed to have them in my life.  Time together is such a gift.

Christmas Eve 2012
I did my annual Christmas Eve party.  We had a nice dinner then opened gifts from each other.  Everyone had previously drawn a name and I had to throw in a few more extra gifts for everyone.  It was fun to watch everyone's reaction to the thoughtful gifts they received.  It was such a nice evening filled with a lot of love for each other.








Christmas morning came once Owen woke up. There were some presents from SANTA .....




THEN off to breakfast at grandma and grandpa Griffin's house (Stan & Jerry) with the relatives~




Stan & Jerry 2012

Christmas morning breakfast (part of the group)

  Next, Scott and I went to Riverton to visit Taylon before he and his family took off for the day.

Taylon and Scott

Kamden

A do-it-yourself model of an engine .... fun
Later... much later.. that evening we went over to Jenni's house and then Randy's house to see what Santa had left for the kiddos.  Apparently Santa dumped out his sleigh between those two homes.  I did get ONE more gift from Jenni....   Oh yeh!! 

L O V E  the Killers!!  (I rock this shirt!)


This Christmas week was incredible.  It snowed, my family was all together and I have so much gratitude in my heart for so many things.  I was sad to see the week end and my kids leave. 


DECEMBER 26th~  ROUND TWO infusion Seven~

Round Two


Infusion SEVEN
Rick went with me to the American Fork chemo room.  He was a great chemo buddy.  I'm sure it's not an easy thing to watch someone you love go through a chemo treatment but I appreciated him being there with me.

Chemo buddy for #7

Good news...  NO nausea... not much going on in the side effect department except INSOMNIA.  Hence me writing this blog at 4:00 AM........  THAT has got to change!


No comments:

Post a Comment