Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Have a Wonderful Life

I really do!  I'm sure to many people this seems like a rather strange statement since I have been fighting to free myself from cancer for the past 5 months.
 It is strange - especially since:

*Last Sunday I discovered my fingernails are black.  I did have a meltdown ....
 BUT I'm still here and it's the most wonderful time of the year!

*I do have neuropathy in my fingers and toes.... 
 BUT I can still type, play the piano, walk and ride my bike.
  AND Christmas music is playing on the radio!

*I have chemo hands...
But I can still hug my beautiful grandchildren, my grown-up children
 my loving husband and friends. 
 AND the spirit of Christmas has been in our home for months
 because of so many kind people in our lives.  

*I have nausea for days and days and days ....
But Prayers have been answered on behalf of family members and friends.
 Neighbors show up "out of the blue" to sing carols or drop off goodies.
  And the Christmas cards!  I love getting Christmas cards.

*I have no hair and my eyelashes are almost gone....
But I have tried to imagine what my life would be like right now without cancer. 
 I can't.
A normal routine sounds foreign to me.
This is one of my life experiences.

However, I Do Know....
 even though I wouldn't have asked for cancer,  this experience has increased my perspective of life, prayer, faith, family, friends, acceptance and love. 

It's A Wonderful Life!


Scott said this is his holiday smile!  Love to you all~




4 comments:

  1. Jeri--You are AWESOME!!! Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hands down the most positive person I know! Loving Scott's holiday smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeri-black fingernails are the hip thing right now....you just went about it differently! I love to hear your positive attitude, and if I hadn't seen Scott smile before, I would wonder if he could! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! Watching how you're fighting cancer and every other tough situation in your life is truly inspiring. I feel so fortunate to have you in my life. You are such a beautiful person inside and out!

    ReplyDelete