Tuesday, April 2, 2013

FOOB Follies


F O O B 
 Citation [Def. 2]. (n.d.)  Fake Boob
 

Once again I had the pleasure (tongue in cheek) of hearing the words that my left "FOOB" has an infection.
S E R I O U S L Y ? ? ?


My doctor's first word to me today, when he saw me was... "WHOA".  NOT a good sign.  A sonogram was performed.  Thankfully no fluid.  NOW what?! 

More antibiotics.  I just finished a "Z pac" for my sinus yuck.  Doc did mention that sometimes sinus infections can trigger infections elsewhere  aka the FOOB.  

It sounds like once this mess is cleaned up there will be at least one additional surgery added to my list of "things to do this spring".  So instead of one surgery there will be two - possibly three.  <BIG SIGH>

I'm hoping for some immediate relief.  I am currently experiencing a lot of pain in my left arm and, of course, my left FOOB.  I'm hoping NOT to cancel another trip.  (This time - Vegas to visit my brother and sister.)  All fingers and functional toes are crossed.

And to think I thought once the NASTY CHEMO was done
I'd be in the CLEAR.
ha!

"The Best Laid Schemes of Mice and Men!!"
 (Robert Burns  1786)


   

2 comments:

  1. Man, you can't catch a break! Told my mom about your NED. She gasped and exclaimed, "oh that's wonderful!" Hope this infection clears up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete