Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Mom Said There Would Be Days Like This...

Happy New Year!
NOT

Our New Year started out how 2013 was ending... with Scott sick and my knee the size of a beach ball.  I got up (didn't really sleep) to Scott looking like he had seriously been run over by something BIG.  Dark circles under his eyes, pale skin, fever, bloodshot eyes, cold chills - you name and he either had it or looked like it!

I told him to get dressed as I was taking him to Urgent Care.  You know a man is sick when their reply is "ok".  The doctor we saw has been in practice for 30 years so he has seen his share of illness.  He checked Scott out, looked at me and said that Scott was a fraction away from being admitted to the hospital.  He has a good case of pneumonia. He told me if I had waited a few more hours I most likely would have been calling an ambulance.  His oxygen level was low - 85 but while there they were able to get it up to 88/89.  The doc gave us a boat load of prescriptions and then off to bed he goes.  Where he has stayed since.

Not Looking Well.... my poor, sick honey

If anyone knows Scott at all they know he does not like to sit still.  I tell him he has adult ADHD.  He always has to be doing something - craving, wood building, making a sword (yes, this is true), tinkering with a number of appliances/gadgets, working on his Firebird, etc.  So the fact that he has not ventured too far away from the bed or the chair in 5 days is pretty telling.

Sometimes the chair is just more comfortable

He thinks he's feeling somewhat better today - which is good OR he will be visiting the doctor again tomorrow.  

My knee from my scope is really a pain.  At PT on Friday the therapist spent a good 30 minutes trying to move the swelling around.  It's been 3 weeks since my silly scope.  I should be better by now.  I mean seriously, I had my boobs chopped off - this is nothing, right?!  Apparently I have underestimated the trauma my body is willing to deal with right now.  HA.

PT on the knee
My mom warned me there would be days like this!

I've decided that I'm not counting any of this as 2014 issues.  They both started in 2013 - so it's leftovers.  Once we get past all this... we will be great!!!  I'm ready for some trips, friends, family and sunshine! I've got a list of things I want to do this year!! 

Speaking of lists....  I started a "happy moments" jar.  Each day I am writing something that made me smile or made me feel good during the day. A memory I want to keep. I then put that little memory in the jar.  At the end of the year I can read back on the wonderful things that I experienced each day in 2014. My memory is getting a little fuzzy (I'm blaming chemo) and I don't want to lose some of these precious memories.  




3 comments:

  1. I love the jar idea! I may steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are still amazing even in the days like this!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete